www.quickim.com Forum Index www.quickim.com
QuickIM Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Licence key and software registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Symbian UIQ Edition (SonyEricsson P900, P910 Motorola A1000 Nokia 6708)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techsupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Licence key and software registration Reply with quote

How do I use the licence key to register the software? Where can I obtain the licence key? Why does my licence key stopped working? ...
techsupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: How do I use the licence key to register the software? Reply with quote

How do I use the licence key to register the software?

To register, you need to:

purchase first a licence (click on buy on the products page)
    enter the licence you will receive by email on the phone.

Your software will continue to work for a few days even without a licence key, so don't panic if you don't receive your licence key right away.
techsupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: I did not receive my licence key, or I lost my licence key. Reply with quote

I did not receive my licence key

I did not receive any e-mail for registration after I purchased my application.

You probably provided with an incorrect e-mail address when purchasing the software.

Please contact "support @ QuickIM.com" and attach your order confirmation.

Once we receive your mail, we will send you instructions to register your software.

I lost my licence key

You must keep a copy of the software you purchased, and the associated licence key. As a courtesy to you, you can follow the step above to request a new licence key. But please do keep a copy of the software and the key. We want to provide the best customer service possible, but please understand that over a large number of users, those services take a lot of energy from the support staff.
techsupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: How do I enter my license key in my messenger software Reply with quote

How do I enter my license key in my messenger software

Warning: if you are still using an old version or a trial version, you need to download and re-install the latest version of the software. See question above.

1: Launch the IM client for Symbian application on your mobile
    2: Click Tools/Sign up menu item (or Outils / Inscription or Extras / Lizenzschlüssel)
    3: Enter your license key in the adequate field and click Ok
    4: Restart your messenger application
techsupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Error message: the licence code does not match your software Reply with quote

Error message: the licence code does not match your software

Please make sure you purchased the correct edition of QuickIM software that is designed for you phone! Each edition of QuickIM use a different licence key. If you have the licence key for a previous version of QuickIM (ex: 1.x), make sure you purchased a licence key for the latest version (ex: 2.x) if you are installing the latest version of the software.

After this please check your licence key email:

If it says your licence key is for the "Advanced" version, you need to:

Uninstall the current software,
    Download and install the "Advanced" version before entering the licence key.

If it doesn't say that your licence key is for the advanced edition, this means you have a "Pro" edition:

Uninstall your current software
    Download and install the "Pro" version before entering the licence key.

Then, in all cases you need to:
    Reinstall the new software on your mobile
    Launch the QuickIM for Symbian client application on your mobile
    Click Tools/Sign up
    Enter your license key in the provided field.

Last edited by techsupport on Wed May 04, 2005 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
techsupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: I get an error message when I try to enter my licence key. Reply with quote

I get an error message when I try to enter my licence key.

1. You may have made an error in the licence key. If so:

Make sure you entered correctly the licence key (ex: o and 0, l and 1 are common mistakes)
Because we sent you the licence key both in lowercase and uppercase format In your licence key e-mail, please use both to determine if the character is actually a "i" or a "1", a "o" or a "0".
Or,

2. You may not have the right network permission settings. If so:

Make sure your GPRS connection is valid: often the mistake is you used ‘wap’ gprs instead of full ‘web’ gprs.

If you do not know, contact your mobile operator and ask them for a full web gprs, cdm or umts data transfer option as well as the correct settings for your phone device. Only your operator can tell you that as it may be different from one operator to the other. You may also search through the forum posts, other users may be using the same mobile operator as you.

3. The licence server may be temporarily unreachable because of network issues. If so:

Wait a few hours
    Test again.

» If the problem persists, please send an email to "support @ QuickIM.com" along with the exact error message.
techsupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: When I try to open a 4th room, I'm asked to register Reply with quote

When I try to open a 4th room, I'm asked to register

This is a known issue. You can only open 3 rooms simultaneously and do not need to register for that. It is not related to the registration of the software.
techsupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: I have new phone (IMEI), how do I get a new licence key? Reply with quote

I have recently changed my phone, I have new phone (IMEI), how do I get a new licence key?

If your new phone is compatible with the same edition of QuickIM software, QuickIM for Symbian messenger licence system will automatically detect the phone change and your old licence key will still work on your new phone. Therefore, you do not need a new licence key.

If your new phone is not compatible with the previous version of QuickIM, you need to purchase a new licence key. We offer special upgrade rebates to current owners of a QuickIM licence.
techsupport

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: The trial version count down clock has started again! Reply with quote

I got my licence key, however, the trial version count down clock has started again, and it's now at 2 days !

Please make sure that you have entered the licence key you received into QuickIM (look in the menu options). After you entered the licence key, please make sure you have a GPRS coverage, and wait for the software to remotely activate the licence. It may take a few seconds, during this time, your screen will go blank. You will then receive a confirmation message stating whether the activation is successful or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Symbian UIQ Edition (SonyEricsson P900, P910 Motorola A1000 Nokia 6708) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: