www.quickim.com Forum Index www.quickim.com
QuickIM Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error connecting: Create socket: Protocol not found: null

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhennessy

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Error connecting: Create socket: Protocol not found: null Reply with quote

Trying to set up service for 1st time

QuickIM J2ME Edition 2005 Build# 116
Blackberry 7750
O/S v4.0.0.0171 (Platform 1.5.0.30)
Verizon Wireless
USA

Error while connecting
Dispatch Server error
Address: messenger.hotmail.com, Port=-1
Details: Create socket: Protocol not found: null
techsupport

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to setup your TCP options, please read:

http://www.quickim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60
jhennessy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Need more support on initial issue Reply with quote

A couple issues with the recommendation:

1. TCP is not a choice that appears on my device's Options menu.

2. Even if it was, the support thread you directed me to says there is nothing needed to configure when using Verizon.

My original posting provides the details needed on carrier, device, and O/S level.

I'll need a more in-depth research/response from your team to try to resolve before determining whether I'll need to return the software.

Look forward to a response.
techsupport

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Verizon model 7250 has a TCP/IP stack, no configuration is needed. Many third party Internet applications work out of the box on it.

However, the 6750 and 7750 does not have a TCP/IP stack, although a future BlackBerryOS may fix this (Version 4.0.0.204 or later may be required). Please verify with Verizon if you can get an OS upgrade. Sometime OS upgrades available from other mobile carriers are compatible, but you need to be careful of course in this case and backup all data before.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: