www.quickim.com Forum Index www.quickim.com
QuickIM Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blackberry 7290 / Software installation problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashgordon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Blackberry 7290 / Software installation problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I purchased QuickIM from Handango who referred me to you (albeit after trying to help). I have also tried various instructions ive read in the forums(i.e. uninstalling Blackberry 4.1 desktop software to 3.6 AND even 4.0 versions - but i have reinstalled 4.1 after having seperate 'synching problems). I am still experiencing problems.

The exact problem is happens after unzipping the doc on my computer. I get the following error message when I use the application loader in the desktop manager:

"Error in application information file "C:My Documents/Downloads/ quickim-blacberry-msn-messenger" "There is an XML syntax error on line 1"

I have the most up to date desktop software, a new Sony Vaio and there is no reason why it isn't working!! I am on O2 package (in the UK) and do not have a business enterprise, i.e. i am a sole trader with no IT Dept!!! Please help!!!

FG
techsupport

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please make sure to use OTA installation method if desktop installation does not work:

To install QuickIM using the OTA method, open the following link in your wap/web browser: http://www.quickim.com/dl/bb/ota.jad
Select the "install" option, when prompted to install the software, answer yes. The newly installed software should appear in your BlackBerry's main menu after this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: