www.quickim.com Forum Index www.quickim.com
QuickIM Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vibration Alert

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Vibration Alert Reply with quote

I am running QuickIM on a Sony Ericcson k300i - think the program is great an would like to buy it.

The only issue I have is the alert - it's far too quiet and can't be heard in noisy locations. I turned on the 'vibration alert' option, but the only problem is my phone doesn't vibrate when someone sends me a message.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
techsupport

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you have the latest release of QuickIM (it's now 2.1, but 2.0 should be ok), if not please upgrade.
For the vibration, unfortunately not all phones support vibration call from Java programs, and when they support it, it only works when QuickIM is not running in the background, this is phone vendor's restrictions, we cannot do much about it.
There is a feature called "alert me" in 2.1, when you select it, it will make more beeps when new messages come in, which hopefully would help. Also try to leave QuickIM in foreground if you expect to be contacted.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: