www.quickim.com Forum Index www.quickim.com
QuickIM Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem when the phone is locked.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Problem when the phone is locked. Reply with quote

When my Series 60 phone (N70) is locked (not only the keylock) and someone sends me a message, QuickIM will come on top but the phone remains locked. Only way to get the phone unlocked again is to close QuickIM. This is very annoying because now I can't use the automatic phone locking in security settings.
techsupport

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you try to put QuickIM in background again by hitting the applications harware key instead of quitting QuickIM?
dgh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techsupport wrote:
can you try to put QuickIM in background again by hitting the applications harware key instead of quitting QuickIM?

I tried to do that, but the hardware key wont work since the phone is locked. I can only use QuickIM features. Even the backlight wont go on when this happens. Problem is, that the phone wont ask my security code and it goes in QuickIM but phone is still locked. Only way to get out of this and unlock the phone is to close QuickIM. By the way this only happens when I use automatic phone locking. If I lock the phone manually there is no problem.

Phone should be able to ask the security password before QuickIM message pops up. If phone is locked manually it works like this.

Yeah and one suggestion Rolling Eyes: There should be vibration alert option for new conversations/messages (you should be able to choose between those). Also file sending feature wouldn't be bad. If these would be fixed/added to QuickIM, I think it would be almost perfect mobile messenger software Cool.
techsupport

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibration is now added to QuickIM. Please try the steps given in http://www.quickim.com/forum/ftopic306-problem-motorola-razr-v3-silver.html to install the new version.

However it seems that most J2ME phone don't have proper vibration API implementation, which means that vibration will not work on most phones.
dgh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibration works perfectly on my Nokia N70 Smile. However I still can't use the automatic phone locking because of that problem I described.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: