www.quickim.com Forum Index www.quickim.com
QuickIM Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error message: "already logged in"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seancarter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Error message: "already logged in" Reply with quote

When I first installed QuickIM I tried logging in and it worked fine. Although I couldn't seem to start a conversation with anyone (sent OK but got nothing back). So I thought I would test it out by using a diferent username on my PC and on my treo and see if I could get them communicating. Trouble is I now get the eror "Already logged in" followed by the "Unable to connect. Check your internet connection and try again" message.

I've tried resetting the Treo but it makes no difference.

One thing I've noticed is that QuickIM has an Exit command unlike other Palm apps, and I didn't use that to quit the application the first time I used it. Could that be the problem? If so, what can I do?
techsupport

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuickIM is a network application that requires a permanent network connection. Most Palm applications don't use networking or don't use permanent connection (ex: email). On Palm, when you open another application, the classic way is to put the application on hold and save its state, which will be restored when you open the application again. Put an application on hold breaks the network connection. This is why we have added background running capabilities to QuickIM, so when you leave QuickIM, we use a background thread to keep it running so you can still receive new messages from your IM contacts even if you are no more in the application.
However sometime you really want to stop the application and disconnect from the network, in this case, you need to use the Exit command.
To login using another account, you should "Sign out" first.
seancarter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, but that doesn't really answer my question - which is: what did I do wrong? and how can avoid this problem happening again? In the end I did a hard reset and reinstalled the application.
cc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this request.

I also have been logg'd in for 2 days using the program fine. but I now cannot seem to log-in.

It tells me "Warning - Already Logged in". When I hit "ok" It then tells me " Unable to connect. Check your internet connection and try again."

My internet connection is fine, I can surf the web etc. And I've tried it at different times in the day.

Hardware: Palm Treo 680
Service: Cingular
techsupport

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which version of desktop version of MSN messenger are you using? We are trying to reproduce this issue which seems to be related to the desktop version of MSN messenger automatically signing in and "stealing" the session from mobile version.
ccunningham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: already logged in error message Reply with quote

I have the same problem

software worked fine for about an hour. now all i get is "already logged in".

I'm definitely not logged in to messenger anywehere else
techsupport

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using MSN Messenger 7.0 or 7.5 on your desktop machine ? If yes, this could be the reason why itís not working as the problem happens with some desktop messenger only.
techsupport

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this problem is now fixed, please download the latest release from http://www.quickim.com
Arturomopa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Already logged in Error Reply with quote

Quick IM was working without any problem 2 weeks ago and suddenly when trying to log in got such message. I have a Treo 650, use Messenger 8.1, and have Quick IM #140.13a MF, Common library #9 and Protocol library #9, I bought it last year with a license key: d7sf6x786925rbx. If I understand correctly, the only way to have it working correctly is to upgrade it? Thanks in advance.

kr,

Arturo Morales
Arturomopa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: already logged in error Reply with quote

Techsupport

Any news on my posted Already Logged in error? Thanks in advance

Saludos,

Art
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: