www.quickim.com Forum Index www.quickim.com
QuickIM Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost connection with server

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClementFeng

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Lost connection with server Reply with quote

I got the liscence code yesterday. However, I can't log on MSN with my Treo 680. I check the connection option and found that "Use Universal login" is ticked. All the setting is default. The Error message is " Lost connection with server". I tried to tick "Use http protocol", but the treo reset when Quickim was logging. I am sure that the GPRS setting is fine. What is the problem with Quickim? I am in China.
techsupport

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many contacts do you have approximately in your buddy list?
capaneus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the similar problem as him. I'm using a treo 650. I often got a "Lost server connection" at the end of the login process. I have 140+ friends on my list. And among 15-20 times, it can login successfully once. It's really annoying...
Timothy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Connection lost Reply with quote

I can usually login to MSN but often get Connection lost when I try to send a message. I have less than 50 contacts. I am using QuickIM J2ME on Orange UK.
l_clove

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost connection is always occured on my Treo650 too... Sad
Timothy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Connection lost Reply with quote

I am still getting connection problems. I sometimes get Connection Error when I try to sign in. The most annoying thing is Connection lost at random times when I try to send a message. It's nothing to do with my signal because it's usually full. It usually happens on the first message I try to send but has happened in a middle of a conversation before. There are some days where it has happened every time I try to send a message. Something seems to be telling the connection to get lost as it's only 5 seconds after I press send.
along_zju

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:
I've bought a license code today and I have exactly the same problem with the first post. Always got "lost connection with server" when I try to login with my treo680. Never succeeded yet. Is there any solution?
Timothy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: 502 error Reply with quote

I am now getting responsecode=502 or Connection Error when I try to sign in. It started happening yesterday and can't sign in at all. Is anyone else getting this?
powermaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm getting this error too! I thought its my phone.
techsupport

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a temporary network issue for the error 502, it's fixed
craigfisher_1973

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on a Treo 755p and am also getting the Lost Connection with Server message EVERYTIME I try and connect to MSN. I have verified the MSN services are running.

I have done other troubleshooting as well like setting HTTP Protocol which causes the Palm to reboot EVERYTIME I try and connect. I have also set everything back to default settings and still no avail.

This was working fine about a week ago and all of a sudden it has stopped working. I paid good money for this and had to wait almost a week for the license code I was sent to be fixed and now this?

This needs to be fixed ASAP!!

Details on my IM Installation:

QuickIM Palm Edition 2007
QuickIM #2.3
Library #1.7
Build 2.3.0403

Also, where do we get updates for this software as it is not obvious on the site nor is there an option to look for updates in the software.
Timothy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something wrong with the QuickIM proxy server. The server is now returning a 502 Bad Gateway error every time I try to sign in and that is probably what's causing the Lost Connection with Server message on QuickIM Palm Edition. It was fine over 3 days ago.
chacloo@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Lost Connection with Server Reply with quote

I have the same problem, and it's been almost two (2) weeks I have not been able to connect. Support team, PLEASE FIX IT! Thanks, C.
kpl123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: LOST CONNECTION on TREO 680 Reply with quote

I am getting the same, it has been for about 2 WEEKS now. Can someone please advise?

Thanks,
Kevin
wahi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same problem too for 2-3 weeks. "Lost Connection with Server." Mundu, IM+, all my computers, and even my cell phones all have access. So it is definitely QuickIM. The fact that there there has been no response or support says this program is apparently dead. Since it takes up more than 1/3 Meg on very limited space on my Treo, I have erased it. We are better served by other programs. What I feel bad about is people who are currently still buying the program.

I am not upset, just figure the service is no longer supported. I even checked and thought my 'subscription' has run out but nope, it was for "life". <smile> Well Long live QuickIM!
Timothy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: 502 Bad Gateway Reply with quote

QuickIM hasn't been working for over 3 weeks now because of the 502 error. I am very annoyed about not being able to use QuickIM on my phone. What's happened to the support team?
kdebie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. 502
Java version.
When is this problem solved?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.quickim.com Forum Index -> Technical Questions and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: